
This is the youngest picture we have found... (
boys and girls wore caps and "dresses" in the next picture "dresses" were pulled together at the bottom to make pants My impression)
.jpg)
My dad with his dad.. He did always try to grow a watermelon patch. There are some pretty funny stories that come from the various patchs. The best is when my dad caught a neighbor thumping the melons to see if they were ripe.
Maybe where I learned to love watermelon...(next post pictures of us eating watermelon...) Notice the big haystack in the background...
Chickens were apart of his life and ours because you had to grow what you eat or you didn't eat. However they were fun in the little stage.

That is one of my fondest memories of dad...that he always had boots at the foot of the step for irrigation....I remember trying them on when the tops came up too high. He also would get holes in his socks and would turn them either a quarter turn or 180 until there were holes on all sides then throw them away. He grew up with his mom darning (repairing his socks) and that was one thing his wife would not have to do. (The repaired spot would be thicker than the sock so it was not comfortabel)

He has the most mischievious look...it reminds me of some of the grandkids and great grandkids faces. This is a picture of him and his mom.
1 comment:
Kayleen, This is the first time I've seen this. I love the photos of Dad! I don't check out the blog often, but when I do, I really enjoy it. Thanks for keeping it up.
Post a Comment