Monday, May 27, 2019

Mom is Amazing

This picture shows the two houses and how close together they were when Dad and Mom first got married.  Dad and Mom moved into the little green almost single roomed house just behind Granddad and Grandma DeCoursey's white house there in front.  Living so close to your in-laws would be difficult anytime but having their fundamental beliefs being different as well would make it impossible.  
The wonderful thing I praise my Mom on is that I didn't ever know.  I was allowed to love and cherish my Grandparents as I knew them not as she knew them.  That is an amazing accomplishment.

The White house was kept in tact and still today looks much the same but it was moved up the road about a quarter of a mile.  The green house was added to and changed over time. 
 I love the milk cans sitting there on the left of this picture.  It looks like they may have been brought out to be picked up and sold.  (I don't know if that is true but I can't think of another reason for them being out by the road.  
I love the big Poplar tree in the picture as it was still going, though not strong in my life too.  I think it was the tree that my Dad broke his leg in while cutting out the dead middle limbs.
There is a cement post that still existed in my day as well.  The rest of the yard changed greatly over time.  I love thinking about all the learning, growing, changing and accomplishments that are represented in thoughts about a simple picture.  Maybe I do like history as long as it isn't out of a textbook written as propaganda.

No comments: