Sunday, February 2, 2020

The Truck

I was in a wreck once, it happened to be in this truck pictured below.  We Dad, Larry and I went to get a load of gravel.  I assume it was to put in the lane so that there wasn't too much mud for driving on.  It was early in the morning and we were returning with the load and a car ran a stop sign and barreled into the side of the truck rolling it.  I was standing on the floor there where the first 8 is eating an apple and falling asleep at the same time.  I remember going from that memory to laying in the barrow pit at the side of the road wanting my apple.  I don't remember but it was said that the lady was coming back from the grocery store and in the wreck had spilled her sugar and was crying about that loss.  Our gravel was spread all over the road.  Now looking at the truck I can see that I was very blessed, but it was a good old truck that had served us well and the cab doesn't show any crushing which would have crushed me, if it had.
I was looking at the earlier post and realized that it could have been the same truck pictured in the newspaper.  We had a couple of trucks because it took more than one at harvest time.  One to load into as the other was taking the crop to the sugar factory or seed company.

No comments: