Lecia Dawn, Mary Elaine, Harvard Douglas, Glena Jeanene, Phyllis Louise
David Lincoln, Harvard David, Mary Jenness, Delbert Marcus
I had a wake up call posting this because I know them as
Lecia, Elaine, David, Jeanene, Phyllis
David, Grandpa, Grandma, Delbert
I didn't realize that so many of them went by a middle name instead of their first and yes Lecia was always Lecia Dawn.
Lecia because of a nurse that served an entire town as nurse during the 1918 flu and then died after it was over from the flu and then because she was born at dawn that was incorporated into her name.
Mom was the oldest so she worked very hard on the farm, she would drive the mules that pulled the farm equipment.
It ended up being almost 2 separate families, first 4 girls and then 3 boys.
Aunt Elaine came second married to Floyd Fiet .
Leslie, Elaine, Shirley above Lane, Floyd & Clair
There first baby was Dennis
This little sweet heart choked on a safety pin and died not long after this picture was taken.
Jenness pictured below standing behind Elaine and Floyd came along 7 years after Lane.
They lived in many places around Idaho. One time they lived near Malad Canyon (I think) what made it memorable is we left our parents talking and walked to the cliffs and the road to get to their house was a rollercoaster and my dad loved to make it as much fun as possible. Then other special memory I have after they moved to Wendell was finding 'Anne of Green Gables' upstairs in a gabled room. Aunt Elaine let me take it home and read it .. it was delightful. The other thing is when I was a junior in high school they handed down the girl's dresses to me. I had a closet full of beautiful handsewn dresses. That year the rules changed and we could actually wear pants to school for the first time - I still wore dresses 3 days out of the week because they were so beautiful.
Aunt Elaine also had a beautiful alto voice.
Aunt Jeanene came next married to Lorenzo Flake
Wayne, Mary Jean, Clel, and Raymond made up their family. plus Woodrow adopted later.
The lived in Arizona and one of the things I loved was that she sent us Arizona Highways magazine subscription. I would look and look at the cactus and beautiful pictures. I can't believe I ended up living there too. They grew pecans (what a treat)
and Richard (Dick) which is not the order in the picture but it is the order of birth.
Aunt Phyliss died when Dick was 4 years old of cancer. (Armond married again and had 3 more cousins but I didn't get to know them much at all) (We were very happy for Armond and Ann)
Uncle Douglas was the oldest boy, he married Diane first (I didn't know her) then Geneva and they had Julie Jo. They were told it would never last but it has. They are happy growing old together.
The middle boy was Uncle David married to Marjean
Teri, Rick, Sheryl, above Michelle is by Marjean and Jeanette on the end.
I was closest to these cousins. They stayed in Nampa and were some of my best friends, therefore many stories.
The youngest of the family was Uncle Delbert who married Joanna.
They lived all over too but would come home to visit so I knew the 4 oldest and then knew of the younger ones. He died when their youngest was just 14.
I will name them in order of birth rather than in the picture. Phyllis, Cindy, Mark, Melissa, Devron, Kevin, Ty, Nancy. (Devron was much like my Michael he would make visitors very welcome and part of his life. My roommate and I planned on staying one night but ended up going to a ghost town with the family because it was Devron's birthday and he wanted us to go.
They also shared us E tickets for Disneyland which saved our first visit to Disneyland. They sold booklets ($$$) that had limited E tickets. E tickets were the 'big' rides, we would have been disappointed if we hadn't had those extra tickets being college age we would not have wanted to spend our time on teacups and such and we couldn't have afforded more.
At Uncle Lorenzo's funeral I met up with cousins that I hadn't seen since I was a kid.
Phyllis, Melissa, Kevin, Mark, Ty & his wife Jackie, myself, Aunt Marjean, Aunt Jeanene, Uncle David
Family is family and I have a great family on all sides.











No comments:
Post a Comment