Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fishing

Here is a catch of Dad's & his Dad's...

Here is a catch of my Dads.....

In this picture I saw the kitty cat hoping behind the board....

The pinetree in the background has to be the one from the home place but it is small in this picture.
You just don't find big fish like this anymore...

Here I am on Dad's back (Dave, Karen, & Larry too) coming back from a fishing trip....

I don't know if I remember or have just been told about riding down "Notellem Crick" on Dad's back. It is a very steep trail so I had to have had an unbelievable birds eye view.

Notice there isn't a seat belt....(I don't think this would work for Benjamin nor Mr. turn around in a car seat Peter)

Here is a fish that Larry is proud of....

Here is a fish Dave is proud of....

I taught Timothy how to tell fish stories.....

On the next post I will put my kids fishing pictures in.... Thanks to Grandpa & Grandma taking us camping each year we did have a chance and good time catching fish too.

There are just too many memories that come along with fishing. Hazard Crick, Clear Crick, Payette River, Hells Canyon, Horse back riding into hard to reach creeks, finding out the NoTellEm Crick was actually several different places. Scary cows that always seem to come along the cricks, worms that had to be kept somewhere when a fish was on the line and hands were needed to bring it in, lake fishing with Grandma DeCoursey. (One of my proudest moments was going to her cabin with a city cousin and her friend and I caught our supper while Grandma tried to bait and keep the others lines untangled.) I think I caught around 30 little perch, because the rangers wanted the perch out so they could put a more native fish back in the lake, to their 1 or 2 fish (maybe zero).

When we sang "I love the mountains" at camp I could really feel a love for God creations and the mountains thanks to our upbringing. I do love the sound the wind makes in the pine trees, and water sounds from all sources. It is weird that I love it even more now when we don't have water just lying around not being used.

No comments: