Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Wishes to All
































The 1st picture is way back in the late 40's ... the 2nd picture is from 1951 however it is one gift that all of us had the chance to play with - I remember at least some of the animals and the barn and the bale of hay, some fencing etc. for some of you younger readers my memories of playing with it wouldn't have been for at least 7 or 8 years later so amazingly it was a gift that lasted. The 3rd picture has Larry, Dale & Karen and Mom ... The 4th really isn't a Christmas picture it was a snowy frost picture but it always makes me think Christmas it is Julie, Kayleen, Dave & Lecia Dawn. The 5th picture is Karen giving the Bishop a Christmas Birthday cake...it was Bishop Rich and he had a birthday at Christmas time so the Primary usually did something for him at the ward party .... Mom was an amazing cake decorator (off subject her cakes were always fought over at the school cake raffle etc.) ... The 6th picture has Julie and Dave at Christmas time.
Christmas memories are way to jumbled and too there are too many but here are a few...we used to go out in the woods to get the tree, it was always cold ... we had to wait until the milking was done in the morning before seeing what Santa had brought ... there were always nuts of some kind and an orange in our stockings ... a couple of special gifts were my "pebbles" and "bam bam" with lots of clothes that Aunt Marjean sewed I think she and Mom traded projects that year (when the dolls came they were very different sized from each other, pebbles being much smaller, so Marjean had to quickly sew a few small outfits for pebbles and bam bam had some feminine clothes mixed in) I still have the doll house that Dad and I think Dale made for me. In 1980 Christmas in the barn. Best of all, the memories of FAMILY, I love everyone so much. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

1 comment:

mcewen16 said...

I love it when you post blackmail, Kayleen. :D Now, I can bust out the picture of my Mom when I want something. :D Just kidding. I think it's adorable, but she would probably be embarrassed. The older pictures are fantastic, though. Thanks for putting the effort into digitizing my heritage! I really enjoy it. It's like a family reunion whenever you want it. :)