Sunday, December 27, 2009

Last post ended up a trait...this will be a memory

Dale ... locked horns with Dad and Mom being the oldest he had to clear the way for the rest of us. He built a scooter, not fatty that grand kids new but an old blue scooter. Another favorite memory was when he went to Denver to college and worked in a candy factory and could eat all he wanted (apparently after the first day you didn't want any more) We sure did though. He was the only one that I remember riding the 50 mile bike ride for scouts. He rode up towards Cascade...not an easy ride. R Larry ... always enjoyed competing, this is a picture of him coming in second instate wrestling, he practiced all his moves on Dave which was not always enjoyed by Dave. I remember trying to break it up more than once. I also remember when he and Dale got 3 speed bikes ... his slipped a gear and sent him over the handle bars, nice scraps up the arms.
Karen ... She was a leader at camp while I was a camper. It was the best year of all, they taught the best songs and activities. She was always very artistic, here is a float she and a friend painted. When she went to Rick's college she was a science genius. Dave ... he always had animals, pigeons (I remember he decided that he wanted the brown and white ones that lived I think by the underpass and he planned out how to trap them) also a hawk named Chester, a magpie that liked hair, a light brown sharl'e calf I don't remember how to spell the special kind and spell check doesn't know either. One memory is from him being between two sisters and wanting to play with us so he made wigs our of real hair for Karen's doll that I had cut all the hair off. Can't forget the salt water tank and fish tanks that he grew his own babies in...not an easy task.Julie...I remember going to the little neighborhood market and having the manager take a picture of her to enter into a gerber baby contest. Another favorite I think I wrote about before that we had gone together as siblings and bought a great big stuffed turtle that she had a dream about her present "being fuzzy green and black" just too close to the truth so we went looking and found a finger hole in the wrapping paper.

We had a very good life.......I have the greatest siblings and now with spouses and my spouses family it has just expanded.

1 comment:

mcewen16 said...

That's really fun to read about each of you as kids. I'll bet the DeCoursey house was a busy one!