Sunday, November 28, 2010

Journal Jar ... Thankful for

"What are some things from your childhood that you are thankful for?"
A few things not in any particular order ...

The Gospel ... the example of a mother that had it be apart of her life always, and the example of a father that was learning to embrace the gospel after finding it later in life.










Being sealed ....

Parents ... nothing can take the place of having both Dad & Mom in the home working together to raise a family, provide for the family.








One of my favorite memories came just before Dad died ... when he said, "He wanted to be on Mom's wagon" It still makes me tear up, because I think it is one reason why he held on so long...


Brothers & Sisters ... again nothing can take the place of having siblings to love and learn from.







I had the very best 5 ...





Growing up on a farm ... learning that animals are wonderful but they are for our use, friendship and eating. Work is also good for the soul, especially when shared.












Appreciation of nature ... through camping, hunting, growing plants and animals













Fishing trips ... special times together, and in nature












Family reunions ... how else would my children know anything about cousins etc





Traditions ... brought unity,





Food ... Mom is such a good cook.
Miscillanious things was Prophet David O McKay who was the prophet for most of my childhood ... Bishop Rich who was Bishop for most of my childhood... Midway School and Mrs Landon it supriseses me to think of being thankful for school but I do have good memories and learning experiences during that time of my life. My cousins dresses (one year I was given dresses I think there was probably 20 or so, so I had them to wear everyday of the week and then some, just when we were allowed to wear pantsuits to school, it is one reason why I continued wearing dresses at least 3 days a week that year. My doll house that Dad and my brothers built for Christmas. My yellow kitty (I remember when Mom threw it out ... I still thought it was beautiful, but I think now I can remember that it was very worn out) Gardens, Flowers, White boots (they taught me that prayer works)
Grandparents...
I had a very blessed childhood and am actually thankful for the whole of it because it is what makes me me and my family my family.....Good times.

1 comment:

mcewen16 said...

Beautiful summary, Kayleen!