Journal Jar ...
Describe the feelings you had when you received your patriarchal blessing. Who gave it to you? How old were you?
I remember getting a recommend in high school ... I was supposed to set up an appointment with Patriarch Swenson he was the father of one of Karen's best friends. In my normal way I didn't get it done. So after a year at BYU I got another one and set an appointment up with Patriarch Ivan J Barrett. So in 1975 I got my blessing, I had a meeting with him and a challenge to study the blessings of Abraham. It was a great experience I don't remember much more though than that I was nervous and excited and wondering what it would hold for my future. The only problem I made was losing the original copy ... I still should send into the church a request it ... however I was smart enough to have written in in a hardbound journal so it was made part of my life then and can still be found and kept close at hand.
I find it really great to have an Uncle that serves as Patriarch now. Uncle David Hanks.
It has been a blessing in my life and so I would end that if you have not gotten one I would strongly urge you too. It gives courage, faith, direction and most importantly for me hope.

This is Uncle David with his brother Uncle Douglas .... Mom's brothers.
It was great having Uncle David and Aunt Marjean live close enough that we had cousins nearby
1 comment:
Just a couple of memories that came to me about Uncle David ... when he was Bishop the kids always tried to get him wet at the ward parties...I remember one time they made a plan to put him in the canal...the whole group moved in and he jumped clear across to the other side. Many other Good memories.
Post a Comment