Sunday, January 16, 2011

Favorite Christmas Carol

Journal Jar .. What is your favorite Christmas Carol and why?
I should have pulled this one a couple of weeks ago ... as usual I have more than one...I like Silent Night because of snowy nights ... so cold, so quiet, except for the cruch under your boots and, the bright stars, and you can't forget the smells. I have been away from snowy Christmases now for a long time but that song brings it all back ... putting those things all together brings peace. Which is what Christmas is all about Peace on Earth because of the Savior.

The second favorite song is "The Holy City" only with Dave singing it. I can't hear it without hearing him. (Now I am trying to remember if it is "O Holy Night" Dave it has been too long.)

I know I moved away.
What are your favorite Christmas songs and why?

1 comment:

mcewen16 said...

I also love "O Holy Night," Kayleen. I have at least 5 different versions of that song on my iPod, each with my reasons for loving them. However, I also love "Joy To The World" when sung by a happy congregation and a chorister that does it nice and fast! The pure, robust joy behind the song always puts me in the Christmas Spirit! (P.S. - If I could have an iPod version of Dave singing "O Holy Night," it would be my favorite, too. :D)