I was thinking about this just the other day so when this one came out of the jar I decided to post about it. While growing up we lived within 5 miles of both sets of Grandparents so families came back to visit their parents or home and we benefited. So I don't remember going too far to visit. However what I do remember is that Fiets were 100 miles away and that was soooo far that we didn't go very often. (What makes that ironic is that I travel that far several times a month to go to Phoenix or the Temple) but it seemed like forever when I was young.
Mom's sister lived in Arizona .. Uncle Lorenzo and Aunt Jeanene .. most of their family still live in Az but we don't get over that way very often.
Uncle David and Aunt Marjean lived the closest so we saw them a lot.
If I remember correctly Uncle Floyd and Aunt Elaine actually moved many times, (which was different from us) I remember the fun house was out by a deep canyon and the road to there house was up and down like a roller coaster .. which Dad took advantage of to take our breath away (so we would stop saying so and so is touching me etc)
Uncle Delbert and Aunt Joanna lived far away too ... I don't remember visiting them until I was in college but I may be wrong
Uncle Dorsey and Aunt Florence lived in a foreign land that we did go and visit often...they lived where is snowed more months of the year, the land grew huckleberries, fishing was close by, bears roamed etc. Very fond memories of going there.
Different subject and I may have already posted about it but a few years ago .. I went up with Dad and Mom to visit ... Dad was 70 and Aunt Florence 80 or there abouts and they both were going through the doorway ... and started laughing and bumping hips to get through first....just like young brothers and sisters. I love that memory
Mom's sister lived in Arizona .. Uncle Lorenzo and Aunt Jeanene .. most of their family still live in Az but we don't get over that way very often.
Uncle David and Aunt Marjean lived the closest so we saw them a lot.
If I remember correctly Uncle Floyd and Aunt Elaine actually moved many times, (which was different from us) I remember the fun house was out by a deep canyon and the road to there house was up and down like a roller coaster .. which Dad took advantage of to take our breath away (so we would stop saying so and so is touching me etc)
Uncle Delbert and Aunt Joanna lived far away too ... I don't remember visiting them until I was in college but I may be wrong
Uncle Dorsey and Aunt Florence lived in a foreign land that we did go and visit often...they lived where is snowed more months of the year, the land grew huckleberries, fishing was close by, bears roamed etc. Very fond memories of going there.
Different subject and I may have already posted about it but a few years ago .. I went up with Dad and Mom to visit ... Dad was 70 and Aunt Florence 80 or there abouts and they both were going through the doorway ... and started laughing and bumping hips to get through first....just like young brothers and sisters. I love that memoryI think Uncle Wesley and Aunt Verda lived the farthest away... I know I didn't ever get to go to visit them in Kansas. Julie did though. there are a few perks of being the youngest in the family, she even went to Hawaii to visit Dale and Janet.
Now I have been to North Carolina to visit my son and also Hawaii to visit my first grandson. I live in Arizona so I am the odd family member out like Aunt Jeanene and don't get visitors very often. Which is why reunions were so important.
Did I miss some trips?

No comments:
Post a Comment