Sunday, May 1, 2011

Nurturing Talents

I am suprized that none of us ended up in farming .... I am not surprized that none of us ended up with cows. *I have a love hate relationship with them. I love milk, I hate them getting out and have a 2 inch scar down the front of my leg because of them doing that. Yet, I love seeing them and smelling them because it takes me home....I like silage smell even though many don't






I am suprised one of us didn't become a dentist with all the cavities we fixed in sugar beets.


What special talents did your parents nurture in you? How have you developed those talents?



I may be wrong on this one but I think I will list a few that were taught as a whole and then maybe some specifics that stuck to one child more.



Cooking, Gardening, Canning, Thrift, Worth of Work, Sewing, Caring for Home, Animals, and Nature, love of music. Love of family.



Dale -- I remember him building a motorscooter...he has always fixed his cars etc. ever since. Part of it was to help give him something to get over teenage years. He also got a double dose of love of Family and has used it towards family history.



Larry -- took very much to the out of doors and hunting, physical fitness....he continues those.



Karen -- I got stuck here because I think Karen ended up with all of it.



Dave -- Love of music, animals and especially gardening.



Kayleen -- I love it all , just not good at any of it



Julie -- Again even though she grew up is a different family bcause we as siblings pretty much left when she was still young....took hold of everything too.


I did this quite quickly so I know I have left out much....add to it please

No comments: