Thursday, March 31, 2011

Clothes baskets

As I did the laundry today I realized that I have had this clothes basket for along time now and it doesn't have a single crack in it ... it has clothes in it all the time except washing day. The reason this amazes me is we used to go through laundry baskets a lot and they usually didn't have clothes in them. It made me smile since I was thinking I had finally gotten a heavy duty one. Realized that it may be that but more it is because I don't have kids nor any grand kids close enough to wear them out. Rats!!! This is one of the reasons they used to wear out...they were race cars, bumper cars, airplanes, speed boats, and when turned upside down, cages holding lions and tigers and bears etc.
Last visit at Timothy's it was a stage for a proud little boy to show how daring and how high he could climb and stand and dance. I am amazed that clothes baskets hold up the way they do and I kind of wish mine was a little more beat up than it is.


What do you remember about clothes baskets.

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

I remembered that our clothes baskets when I was a kid were made of wood .. thin slats. They would good for holding things but not sliding. Mom used to sprinkle the clothes and let me iron handkerchiefs, pillow cases etc. I remember liking it.