We didn't have any crazy fads!
I think it is funny that I grew up in the 60's and 70's but I don't remember any big fads. I looked at our pictures and I don't see that many big fads either. It got me thinking though and I decided I should write about the normal, which is different from today. Then I realized the big changers were glasses. So I did pick pictures that show how glasses changed over the years.
Karen is so beautiful that I don’t notice the glasses but that particular style hasn’t come back around unlike most of the others. Cat’s eyes I think they were called.
I was not nearly as adventurous. I had nigh on to the same shape and color my whole childhood.
However, I remembered a pair of pants that I loved. I couldn’t believe that I do have a picture of them. The orange brown and beige striped velvet pants! I would love them today if I had them, could fit in them or that they made them. They were wonderful. I mustn’t forget that they were slightly bellbottomed too. Gerald had a pair of velvet dark blue disco pants from the same time frame.
I think I bought them with my own money too which made them very special.
Now, I am back to glasses.
The other thing that doesn’t show is that we still had to wear dresses to school. My junior year they allowed pantsuits! Not jeans, or pants but the good old polyester matching top and bottoms. Mini skirts were in my junior year too. That maybe why they allowed pants finally. The teachers also taught that the girls that wore short skirts would get fat thighs because of the cold. Fat would build up to keep them warm. I didn’t ever wear anything above my knee so I think that my have been a wives tale. Their thighs did look big though.
When I bought these round glasses the eye doctor tried very hard to sell me the lastest giant colored plastic rims instead. I did look good in them they were blue on the majority of the frame and then pink over the cheeks. Did I say they were big and square....he said I looked so good in them I would start a new fad.
Not me, I don't like to stand out.
The final picture shows that I didn't like to stand out (ha ha)the style of the day was ridiculous loud pants. The picture also depicts the wonderful bell bottom style fashionable worn by Julie. Fun times. This picture has Karen, Me holding Angela, Dad, Julie, Mom, Dave holding Matt.







No comments:
Post a Comment