The above picture would be from 1949 or 1950 because there is only Dale and Larry's stockings.
I don't remember anything except the red with a white top and our names on the white part for our stockings. But I loved going back through the pictures to find Christmas pictures.
What I remember from our stocking was that there was always an orange and some nuts, usually peanuts however one year we got a can of fancy nuts.
I was trying to remember some of the candies...there were gum drops, and orange slices, to begin.
This was always a favorite stocking, that is Julie putting it on, she was always a cutie.
I don't ever remember playing Adams Family...but I do remember the marble drop game Karen is putting together. I love Julie's face though. Classic Christmas joy.
I liked going and getting our own Christmas tree up near Aunt Florence's home I loved using the shiny tinsel...I liked siblings getting angry if a clump was put on instead of a single strand. I miss that part but I am not going to put tinsel on a fake tree....too much trouble to take off again. I also liked the shine when the tree was put outside waiting to be burned.





No comments:
Post a Comment