Wednesday, December 22, 2021

My Brother Two --

 I am glad that I am doing this because my memory is not very good, I was going to say not as good as it used to be but that may not be right either.  Again, these thoughts are from a younger sister that may or may not be true, but he is a great brother and a man to be proud of.
My second oldest brother was the dare devil of the family, still is.
I love the hats and the table in this picture...what a great idea.  He was just 18 months younger than his big brother - that caused a bit of competition. 
Notice the little ducks all tied in a row for him to pull on the tricycle.
again, I say dare devil...
This happened when I could remember - a phone call came fairly late at night, and they said he had been hurt at the in ground (for safety) trampoline place.  Apparently, he hit the metal corner of one of the trampolines.
He did very well in scouts, this was after he swam the mile at warm lake.  The lake was called warm, but it wasn't due to the temperature.  He became an eagle scout.  I think he was the only one of my brothers to do so even though Dad was scout master for at least 25 years.
He was successful in all athletics.  He came in second at state in wrestling.
He practiced on his little brother. (I would worry and take the younger brother's side if needed)
Graduation...
He went on a mission to Franco Belgium.  He had taken 4 years of French but said that they covered that in less than a week at the language training center.
He had a girlfriend all through high school, but she did not understand his desire to serve a mission so was long gone before he came home.
Susan then came into his life upon his return.
He too would have most likely been drafted into the military for Vietnam.  He chose ROTC and then the Air Force.  He wanted to be a piolet.  He had, had a concussion when he was younger so was eliminated from that desire even though they couldn't find any sign of the said concussion.  

The mission helped him at one point in his military career.  They had some big wigs come to visit the base and there wasn't an interpreter so they advanced him so that he could interpret with his French.
They also were blessed with children but also many miscarriages as well as Nick living for only a day.
The hardest one was they were having twin girls when I was pregnant, and the cords got wrapped around their little necks, so they were still born when they would have been born with my daughter.  They did end up with these five.  They have been heroes in my life, staying strong midst real trials.


I thought I would have more memories since he was only 8 years older than I -- He was and is a tease, he had rheumatic fever in grade school and missed enough to end up missing almost a year.  Took some of the pressure off of his big brother.  He broke his back on a youth activity while he was Bishop, he served as bishop multiple times as they were posted many times in the mission field areas.  He loves hunting, especially bow hunting.  He still hikes almost every day even though he is supposed to be restricted on activity and how high elevation wise he is to go.  He recently had a pulmonary embolism but was discounting the danger until hearing about my sons that through complication it took my sons life.  It hasn't stopped him.  He has an extreme love of wildflowers and has cataloged them from all over.  He is also a great storyteller and has a memory like my dad..  He served another mission as a senior couple, for the church this time to Washington where they took care of a wonderful camp. 
He reminds me the most of my dad.
His posterity is blessed to have him
On his mission in Washington, he saw many deer and didn't hunt them.

He also is an amazing big brother and man and I love him.

No comments: