Monday, March 31, 2008

1982 Reunion

This was the first Robert DeCoursey reunion started by Larry and Susan.... It was a great idea that I am very grateful that it continued over the years. August 1982


It was held on the home place in Nampa. I only have 2 pictures ...

The first picture being

a fun activity that the kids enjoyed.




The second picture was when

I put Phillip up in the pine tree..


We also made family flags...


I used a pillow case and drew a tree with two branches since we had just Phillip and Timothy at the time.


I know there were many activities but I didn't write things down like I should have.

It would be great to have someone fill in their memories too.

I found the final reminder that was sent out in June to all of us with the schedule... Don't forget your flag, August 5,6,7 Check in Thurs at 11 am Each family is to provide its own camping gear and eating utensils, dishes, etc., for all meals. Meals which each family plans and provides should be simple (your family helps with clean up--Dave & Julie can volunteer as needed)
Aug 5 Thurs 12 noon Lunch-Julie Tent set up 6 pm Supper-Mom Chores 7 pm Program-Larry Bedtime and visiting Aug 6 Fri 7 am Chores 9 am Breakfast-Larry BB tourneyment, Horseshoes, Frisbee 12 noon Lunch-Dale 2 pm Games-Karen -Dave & Julie - Mom & Kayleen 6pm Supper-Karen Chores 7 pm awards & business-Dale Bedtime Aug 7 Fri Chores 9 am breakfast-Dave Pack up Lunch-Kayleen Officially closed.

I also found my family awards....Phillip was given "Future Farmer" Timothy was given "Jr Mr America" and I was given "youngest mother" award... I guess Gerald wasn't there for this one which explains why I have only 2 pictures.

Thank you Larry and Susan for starting a great tradition.

We had reunions previously like at Christmas 1980 but we did not organize to carry them onward at that time....

1 comment:

Matt and Lecia said...

Yes, thank you! Some of the best family memories came from those trips and reunions.