Sunday, August 24, 2008

I miss our Reunions....


I wouldn't know anyone if we hadn't gotten together .... as Hanks, and DeCoursey's.

We live so far away that we don't get the go out to Chuck Wagon events...


I remember going to Hanks Reunions when they were to big to know who so & so was but I still am grateful that they had them.

I vote to continue our family's even though many of the young married won't be interested or be able to make it most of the time....I personally miss my siblings.

So my kids that read this know who these people are...the first picture has in back...David in R. Larry's arms Great Granddad (Frank James), then my Uncle Earl (my dad's brother), your Grandpa (Robert Lee), your Grandma (Lecia Dawn) Front row is Mark in Susan's arms, my Aunt Rowena (married to Uncle Earl).
I am glad that my BYU kids are reaching out to other cousins and forming teams and relationships.
If your kids are in Utah or at BYU let us know so that we can continue that for the next year at least....
My kids will be graduating but it is a great tradition...even if it is selective because of location.


The 2nd photo is Uncle Earl, Aunt Rowena, Susanne, Don, his wife and ? (Susanne sitting on their lap, was my age so I didn't get to know the older cousins) I loved knowing Rowena's laugh.

This is Uncle Emet and Dirk...(brother to Robert Lee) lived in CA so I don't know much about them...


This picture is Uncle Armond Garner who married my mom's sister, Phylis (who died of cancer leaving the four kids) Pam, LaRae, Eddie, Dicky....thanks to a great spouse and new wife that allowed them to be known to us for a long time.

It was wonderful to see Mark's family again, all of Dale's, and the rest, I would prefer it not to be at funerals but that is better than nothing.

Let's get together!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kayleen, On the photo of Uncle Earl, Aunt Rowena, and family...I think the back row on the left is not Don's wife, but his sister Ann. Then going right is Don and then his wife, Rosella. Susanne is Don and Rosella's daughter...right? For some reason I don't remember her very well. Karen

Anonymous said...

Did you see Dirk at Dad's funeral? He was there with his mom, Aunt Francis.

Kayleen said...

Thank you Karen, you are right and that is why I need others looking at the pictures to help me get things right. Susanne was Don's daughter. I didn't ever know Ann. Just like my kids don't really know Dale's because of the age difference.