Sunday, February 1, 2009

Where does your Dad work?

Now I ask the question of all of you.... What does your dad do?

I asked a couple of kids in the nursery today and one said...."he goes to school", another said "he's sick". I have a young nursery so the others didn't know or don't talk yet enough to say.

Apparently teachers of grade school ask their students this question. There are several jokes roaming around the internet....one little boy said something that made his teacher very concerned.."he sells drugs" meaning he is a drug rep. Andy what will your son say?
What does your children say you do (if you have children)?

One of our kids said "daddy counted"

3 comments:

McEwen Family said...

That's pretty funny. I find often times, when asked that question, that responding with "I sell drugs" is better recieved than "I'm a salesman". I think there is a worse reputation that follows the "salesman" than a "drug dealer". Is that a sign of the times or what?? Ha ha. The 12-13 year old boys who I work with at church tell their parents the councelor in the young mens presidency is a drug pusher. Then they say, "don't worry Mom . . . he's a legal drug pusher."

mcewen16 said...

Actually, explaining what my Dad does is a little bit harder than expected. When I tell people he's an accountant or a CPA, they automatically think of big corporations, etc., so explaining his consulting with Quickbooks, his small business focus, and being able to run a successful business out of our home usually takes some explaining to people.

Plus, having a big sign out on the front of the house always gets people asking about the business. :D

Tara Bishop said...

My answer is easy and self explanatory, My dad teaches Health and PE at Canyon View Junior High.

I asked Michael that same question when we started dating and he said, "stuff with numbers"... and understood that to probably being an accountant of sorts. :)