So pictured first is Julie with Charlie Brown and Kayleen with Snoopy... Sorry to parents that get left with the pets...I don't know what happened to these two. I know my Charlie Brown got hit by a car and hid out in the chicken coop for awhile and when he came out he had a tail that went different directions from then on.... (at least this car stopped and apologized...I told him I thought the dog was OK because of how fast he ran by us)
I don't know which cat it is in the picture. I do know that cats were my favorite but they all went by the way side over time. It do remember having somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 cats at once....Smokey being one I remember...(some guy in a car stopped at the end of the lane and had the cutest gray long hair fluff ball I had ever seen and asked if I wanted it...of course I did) I think that was one of the times we had way too many cats....but he drove off, one step up from just dropping an animal off out in the farmland. I remember searching and searching for the kittens...because if we didn't find them they turned out to be wild and not like being petted and held. Or in one set of cats patients in the hospital bandaged and put in drawers ... no they weren't supposed to ever be in the house...
I think my most favorite was Dave's fish....or the salt fish tank with anemones, urchins, cucumber etc. I liked raising shrimp, and blood worms to feed them. I liked watching them. I loved when they started having babies and raising them. Realizing that the parents ate the babies faster than they could be born. (Swordfish and guppy babies) I liked the turtle too until it was eating 79 cent fish for breakfast.
I was right about here in my thought process trying to decide on a favorite pet when I was thinking it might be nice for our feeder fish to die so I could get a couple of "real fish" and it did. The second one will probably still be around for years though so I am not really any closer.
I was right about here in my thought process trying to decide on a favorite pet when I was thinking it might be nice for our feeder fish to die so I could get a couple of "real fish" and it did. The second one will probably still be around for years though so I am not really any closer.It is a hard for me to pick a favorite...because we had a lot of pets and they were all favorite at the time. The two goats...Goldie & ? the white one that used to climb up on top of the grainery. Jerry the mule that lived at home longer than I did. Julie's "Ginger" the horse that tried to kill me by running straight at the beet topper. Dave's charlei that light brown calf...was very hard to eat it for quite awhile. "Lucky seven" the huge black lab that we could ride....but he chased cars and got run over on a Sunday. Just to name a few. Then comes "Peanuts" that was with us for along time...His brother Brent not so long. Peanuts loved the Owyhee's and chasing ground squirrels, I can still hear their death squeal when he would catch them(that sounds awful but it brings a smile to my face) He went everywhere Dad went or the pick up.
I forgot about birds..."Buddy" the parakeet, here is a picture of "chester" the hawk that went back to the wild with out permission on a camping trip to Riggins. I realize my memories all came late in the family make up.
I love plants and flowers but animals played a very big part in our up bringing too. I feel bad that my kids had so few. However we have memories of "Buttercup" the rabbit that aren't all bad. "Sammy" the cat and Lucky the golden retriever, and of course the fish. One that disappeared until it reappeared all dried up in the flour. I hope I didn't gross any one out with this post. Hopefully it has brought back some memories and now add yours to mine please or for you younger readers what was your favorite pet?


No comments:
Post a Comment