Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dates

Journal Jar Question
What kinds of Activities did you do for dates when you were a young adult?
Group dates...shopping. Also a few individual...I recommend it because I went shopping with a guy from New York and realized that I could never eat what he ate and he didn't like what I liked....never would have worked.
My two most favorite dates were ...climbing Timpanogos ...
Julie might remember this one....we did all end with some pain though.
Then there were the usual movies, dinner, game nights. (I was usually invited to the game nights in hopes that I would bring Dave along ... )
One was snorkeling in Mona lake...I almost drowned (that stayed with me the first time I tried to snorkel in Hawaii....it always takes me a few breaths to get up the courage to start breathing correctly.)
Then there were the BYU dances, devotionals etc. I didn't date much before college. I enjoyed the dates that took me up the canyon to a winner roast or hike. Walking to a pet store to look in the window...the date part was the walk and talking. Another great one was to the Utah Fair.
My first date was a double date with a childhood friend....I didn't much care for double dates ever again, my date was fine but the other couple enjoyed the back seat way too much. I don't even remember what we did except for going to an ice cream parlor at the end.
BYU was a place good for dates....you didn't even know you were on one half the time. Well, I take that back the MRS. & MR. degree are encouraged in every activity, a long with spirituality.
Now that sounded cynical and I don't mean it too. I enjoyed my years there very much. I was tired of dating though in just a couple of years so Gerald was a breath of fresh air with his friendship...we dated a lot without my being aware of it.

No comments: