Sunday, August 30, 2009

Journal Jar Prayer

Tell about a time when Heavenly Father answered a specific prayer for you....

I am not sure what age I was but it was before 10 years old....

Dave had built a huge kite (taller than I was) it had to be in the fall or early spring because the field just east of the house was plowed up in big clumps of dirt....it wasn't easy to walk in. So I took off my new white beautiful boots, because it was much easier to run in bare feet.
We played for a long time....I couldn't even hold the kite rope or I would have flown away. I think Dave tied it to a post for awhile. Anyway when it came time to go in, I couldn't find my boots anywhere. NOOOOO! And as normal church stories go.....who was I going to get help from especially since I didn't want anyone to know that I had lost my beautiful new white boots.

So I prayed......and then looked all over the field.....I looked.....and looked.....they weren't there.


I finally gave up and headed in to the house...and low and behold there my beautiful new white boots were sitting on the step. I found them!!

Then I remembered that I wore a different pair of shoes out and ran out to field and then I found them too.

Learned two truths that I can think of right now that day....1- Prayer is heard and answered...(not always the way you expect) and 2- If you know what you are looking for it is much easier to find it.

Just encase you disbelieve my story here is a picture of my beautiful new white boots... the picture was taken from a trip to the mountains to get a Christmas tree.

No comments: