My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is growing up on a farm where we had the Harvest to partake of.... it always made me think of Heavenly Father's bountiful blessings.
The other favorite tradition that I loved and grew up with is that Thanksgiving was family time! We always had Grandpa & Grandma Hanks over and Granddad & Grandma DeCoursey as well as Aunt Mae Hanks until they passed away. What a wonderful blessing that was. I seem to remember when I was young we gathered at the Grandparents home with Uncles and Aunts too. I also remember gathering at Uncle David and Aunt Marjean's too. (We gathered there after we were married ... Gerald told the Sesame Seed Bus joke and Uncle David was at a far table but apparently heard because he almost fell out of his chair laughing) It makes me sad that neither of those traditions were transferred to my home because of where we lived and the distance from family.
I especially love the smells of Thanksgiving......the rolls, the potatoes, the turkey the cold air and leaves outside. Great times.
People in the Picture....starting left hand bottom corner going around the table.
Aunt Mae Hanks, Grandma Ottie DeCoursey, Karen McEwen, Robert DeCoursey, Lecia Dawn DeCoursey, Granddad Frank DeCoursey, Grandma Mary Hanks, Grandpa Harvard Hanks
People in the Picture....starting left hand bottom corner going around the table.
Aunt Mae Hanks, Grandma Ottie DeCoursey, Karen McEwen, Robert DeCoursey, Lecia Dawn DeCoursey, Granddad Frank DeCoursey, Grandma Mary Hanks, Grandpa Harvard Hanks

No comments:
Post a Comment