Sunday, December 8, 2013

Where did you live?

Journal Jar - Where did you live as a child?  Did you enjoy living there?

I lived in the town of Nampa, Canyon County, and the state of Idaho on the north side 2 miles north of the sugar factory and 2 and 1/2 miles west, on a wonderful farm.   Our barn was a wonderful landmark, gone now.
 The answer to the second question is a huge affirmative....I loved growing up here.
It certainly changed over time and grew as we grew.  This is how our house started out, I wonder if that is why I love the color green.  Notice how close it is to my dad's parent's house at the beginning.
I lost my first tooth while dad and granddad added this part of the house on.
I should write an entire book on how much I loved growing up on the farm and in this house with the family that I was blessed with.  I can't ever thank my Father in Heaven enough for blessing me with this start.
That is why I took my children back there every year and let them go out on their own to do and experience things that they would never be able to experience in town, where they lived.  One of my sons teachers said after reading a paper written about the summer experience that he wished he had such a fun place to go to visit.

No comments: