Amazing sister two, my younger sister. Mom also had morning sickness badly when pregnant and other problems I don't know about. There are 8 years between me and this cutie, so I am sure there were some losses. We even had a 'maid' for a little while before the birth as mom was too sick. The funny thing is I remember learning a particular way to fold socks from this lady and when I talked about it later, I could tell it bothered mom. The weirdest thing is I went to help this same lady at her house in YW and wow. (we scraped cat food off of her counters 1/2 thick dried on, it was pretty bad - I guess it is easier to take care of someone else's house - knowing Mom and Dad they were helping this lady as much as her helping us)
Anyway, back to my sister - when she was born, I remember loading up in the car and going to the hospital to stand outside and wave at mom, she was there for a week and NO kids allowed ever.
JM was the cutest baby - a local grocer took her picture and entered her into the Gerber baby contest - there must be more to the story, but I don't remember what happened.
I was glad to find this picture - and others showing us playing because I remember being jealous that I was no longer the baby - I was princess for 8 years and no more. I don't think it was that bad now.
always exploring
A favorite memory was with the turtle pictured below. Before Christmas she came up to us her siblings and said, "I had a dream that my big present is green, black and fuzzy". That was just too close, so we went in and looked at the present and found a little finger hole. (Just a little too young to not tell a secret)
She had cousins to play with too - this particular cousin died in a car accident when she was a senior in high school.
She also had a wonderful childhood on the farm.
However, she was only 10 when we all moved out .. to college so she didn't have the same family life as the rest of us. Basically, she was an only child growing up.
With that she got a few things we didn't- like a trip to Hawaii.
It was pretty cool to find her aa a horse woman.
This same horse Ginger I believe almost killed me when I rode her - she ran straight at some equipment, and I was pretty sure I was going to be thrown into it.... I wasn't but I didn't ride her anymore.
She was one that through life experience stayed nearer to home than the rest of us for a long time. Her own place but on the home place.
Also has made it through difficult times and still has a beautiful smile. She has been blessed with two families. The first brought 2 wonderful boys into the world the second added one more boy and raised the first two.
Today she lives in a winter wonderland, in the mountains of Idaho. I would love it but my life took a different direction, and the cold and wood collection wouldn't work for me anymore. I think I would like a cabin for the summer month.
Her family also has grown to a wonderful size and full of joy in spite of the trials of life.
What a wonderful little sister she is.
No comments:
Post a Comment