Saturday, January 1, 2022

My Sister One ---

I have the best sisters ever - my older sister was third in the family surrounded by boys and as feminine as she could be.  In fact, she was and is best at everything and anything she does.  The most giving, kind, intelligent etc.
I liked this picture not only because it shows her growing up but also old-style curlers.  That the girls all needed because the boys took all the curly hair genes.  Hers is curlier than mine - it holds a curl.
She went to the temple as a very young lady.
Even though she was surrounded by brothers she had girl cousins to laugh and play with.
I was glad she stayed in and helped mom which needed help, but it left me to go out in the fields which I loved doing far more than housework.
She was on the high school tumbling team which was another great thing for me.  I learned from her and was the only one in grade school that could do a head stand long enough for the rest of the class to jump through my legs into a somersault.
So graceful and beautiful - it was a little difficult for me coming up and not being those things.
Don't you just love the in style of cat eyeglasses.  They were very much a hot item at the time.
Beautiful bride
Great mother, wife, caregiver ...

I am having a hard time writing, so I will try making a list of odds and ends.
Played the French horn in grade school
Wonderful alto voice
excellent cook
Also had morning sickness but sacrificed willingly to bring children into this world.
Did drive tractor so was terrified during her driving test but passed
lived through 1980 California earthquake but set out to move away there after
hid a Christmas gift away for me but got in trouble when I happened to find it up in the top of her closet.
still takes care of everyone before herself.
Love you sis.
 

No comments: