Sunday, January 30, 2022

Siblings in Law....

Family -- I am very grateful for my family, I wish I had kept up regular conversations with each and everyone. I didn't but I know that when we do get together, we are friends as family.  I have great in laws on both sides of the family.  This post is about my side.
Different ages and different companions but very similar experience ... love of famly.
My oldest brother brought Janet into the family...  I don't have any idea where he met her, at college, at home?  I will try to remember to ask this weekend while visiting.
What a strong woman she was and is.  She was a military wife but even worse is he worked on a submarine and would be home for 6 months and then gone for 6 months.  I don't think she had him there for the births of their children ever.  (I may be wrong) not only that she didn't know where on the earth he was during the away times.  It was always secret.
6 kids in all and one of them at least was about 12 pounds if I remember correctly.
What an amazing sister-in-law indeed.
The second sister-in-law also is amazing.  She met my brother after his mission. She had a plan and followed through with it.  A returned missionary and I think an eagle scout were on her list of what a husband should have...she wrote several missionaries while they were on their missions.  It ended up a good thing for my brother - he had a high school sweetheart that was not a member and couldn't understand the need for a mission, so she did not wait.  Susan's letters helped.
My favorite memory was the time at the beginning of us getting to know her she told the 'wide mouthed frog' story or joke and did a wonderful job.  She was also a military wife but of air force.
What a wonderful addition to our family.
The first young man addition.  Earle worried me at first, one they met and married quickly, and he was an only child from California.  I was afraid he would take good care of my sister.  Luckily, I was very wrong, and he is also amazing, and they have had a wonderful family.


Another amazing sister-in-law brought into the family by the youngest brother.  Cynthia is my age and is my best friend except that we don't keep in contact.
Raising a family of wonderful kids too.  Because they are closet to my age and the age of my kids there is a special connection.

Last but not least is another brother-in-law, coming into the family later.  Gruff but a good man.
I am impressed with the hard work of building a house and making a place to live in the mountains for the readymade and one last addition family.

I really do have the best in-laws but it makes sense because I have the greatest siblings.

No comments: